Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win XP Pro...Starts and instantly Restarts?

• Please log in to reply

sandman423

sandman423

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
The computer loads up and then restarts instantly...I tried going in safe mode and the computer doesn't even make it to Win XP Pro Screen it just restarts....I don't understand...I tried loading it up and sure enough I get a Winamp popup and then an error message I can't read because windows restarts instantly...I also get a glance of the Blue Screen of death before the restart.

How do I fix this problem?? I have stuff on the hard drive I want and I would like to avoid having to reformat everything. I have the Win XP Pro disc. Please help.

I found a trojan.downloader in the computer and removed it...Took the HiJackThis and here we go...Also Found Fake.Blue Screen Error with MalwareBytes and got rid of it hopefully.

Please help me fix.

Edited by sandman423, 07 November 2008 - 08:00 PM.

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Let's find out what is on that blue screen.

Turn off your computer and turn it back on. Start tapping the <F8> key, maybe once or twice a second. That will get you into the Advanced Options Boot Menu. Arrow down to Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure and press Enter. This will start up Windows. You'll see the Winamp popup, then a blue screen which should stay on the screen. Please give us all of the information under Technical Information. This will include a stop code, that looks like 0x0000007C, a bunch of similar numbers in parentheses, and maybe a file name on the next line. We need all of it.

Also, Hijack This! logs are not allowed in this portion of the forum, as the troubleshooting we do does not involve Hijack This. Please edit your original post and remove the Hijack This log so we can read it easier. Thanks!

Please post back with the results!

sandman423

sandman423

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well I got rid of the Fake.BlueScreen Error...

Now I am able to load into Win XP Pro...But there ARE TONS OF ERRORS.

Like everything error...error and error..

I tried doing ChkDsk and msconfig....Both get errors and it shuts down...

Is there a way to fix this without having to reformat windows.

I get these kind of messages...

The Intrusion at "0x004599af" referenced memory at "0x7c347743" The memory couldn't be "written" click Ok to Terminate...

and they keep popping up... like drwtsn.exe

Edited by sandman423, 07 November 2008 - 08:25 PM.