Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wrong MAC address entered

• Please log in to reply

fishtheorange

fishtheorange

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi, Im not noo hot on networking and such so please bear with me...

After gaining a 2nd hand wireless router, I eventually got the correct password and got into it to sort out the settings. The box is a 'Tactio Altera-04G'.

My problem is that I enabled MAC filtering and entered my wireless MAC address but not my LAN MAC address.
But I can not access the router via wireless for some reason and now I cannot access it via LAN either, so I can not get into it to look at the settings.

I have tried resetting it and the obvious rebooting etc. But to no avail.

Obviously im a noob with router settings/ip addresses, DHCP blah blah blah, but I have enough knowledge to get by. Except with this problem.

Is there anything I can do to access it again. I would have thought that resetting it would have disabled the MAC filtering but obviously not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

fishtheorange

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Do a hard reset, hold the little mini reset button in somewhere until the lights go off. This'll reset the entire lot.

fishtheorange

fishtheorange

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
lol, thanks. I thought I had tried already, but I have just tried it again and am now connected wirelessly. Thanks and sorry for the obvious mistake. I thought it would be something simple in the end...

Edited by fishtheorange, 09 November 2008 - 08:36 AM.