Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Blue Screen Error

• Please log in to reply

tech1957

tech1957

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yep, I've got the blue screen error. I have been searching for a solution. please help!!!!!

Here are the details:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. if problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.

stop: 0x000000ED (0x83392900, 0xc0000006, 0x000000, 0x000000)

NOTE: I have not installed any new software or hardware! It seems that a lot of users are having this problem. Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
In many cases it's either a faulty hard disk or a case in which the computer tries to boot from the wrong disk.

1: Open the computer and double check all hard disk cable connections.

2: If you have more then one hard disk disconnect the others (including external USB drives) and try to reboot.

3: Reset the BIOS. disconnect the power cord and pull the CMOS battery out for 10-15 minutes. Reinstall and set time and date. Alternatively, with the power disconnected, move the reset jumper to resetting position for about a minute. Return the jumper to working position and reboot.

If this doesn't help then you will have to run some hardware tests and repair commands to make sure what the hard disk condition is. For this you will need XP installation CD.