Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

secondary master hard disk error

• Please log in to reply

michael japan

michael japan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, I'm back with the same problem.

this is exactly what the prompt says:

secondary master hard disk error
Press F1 to resume. Core 2 Quad 9450/4GB RAM/XP Pro.

I hit F1 and it goes into the XP logo and spins.....and spins.....and spins.....and spins...and spins.

Before if I rebooted into safe mode and then booted again it will go into normal windows. If nobody answers before I do that, I will do that again--I need to work.

Thanks
edit---ok, this time I let it spin and spin and it eventually booted and a prompt came up that said, "found new hardware". Sad to say, the rest flew by and I couldn't see what it said. I know it had a "T" in it and of course my hard drives when going to system and checking have "T's" in them. I know this might sound dumb. I'm a musician forgive me. ^_^

One more edit--ok--yes, it did boot, but the partition is not there--and it is my main work data folder for my music projects. I will definitely now re-boot.

Edited by michael japan, 08 November 2008 - 07:46 PM.

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I would first run the maker's diagnostic tool on the secondary disk to check for physical errors as the disk might be starting to fail.
Go to the disk-manufacturer's website and download their free diagnostic utility (look for a link called 'Support'). It runs without any need to have Windows running by creating a bootable floppy or CD.

Edited by phillip22, 09 November 2008 - 04:24 AM.

michael japan

michael japan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Oh well--you guys are going to wonder about me. I am so happy just to get to work that I keep shouting victory too fast. My son took the drive out and put in another computer and it showed it was fine. Put it back in mine and I had a 12 hour day of bliss in the studio working on a song with a 50 track count and hi-end plug-ins on many tracks and multiple plugs on busses. Took yesterday off, started the computer this morning and:

Secondary Master Hard Disk Error.
Press F1 to resume.

I will try doing the safe mode thing as I really need to work today but will happily pay for a solution if somebody wants to get into my computer and se what is going on.

Hopefully yours,

Michael

michael japan

michael japan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
just so you know what happens after that.

I hit F1.
The XP logo comes on and spins and spins. I'm not sure what happens next because it is still spinning.

Michael

So--edit------it finally booted and the second drive isn't there in explorer. I will work off of my back-up and see if someone can answer this.

Thanks

Edited by michael japan, 10 November 2008 - 06:16 PM.

shossmant

shossmant

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI, #uname!
We present the new online shop of shoes http://shop-shoes.Co.CC !

In our shop you will find striderite shoes for kids , womah shoes, curb shoes and children shoes.

We have the best vendors of shoes:
Chaco, eS, Adidas, Reebok, Acorn, Acorn Kids, cute kids shoes , Adio, Agatha Ruiz De La Prada Kids, Ahnu, AK Anne Klein, Alexander McQueen, Allen-Edmonds, Allrounder by Mephisto, Clarks, Cobian, Columbia, Cordani, Cougar Kids, D&G, Dansko, David Tate, etc.

We give you up to 40% discount. Compare our prices!!! These are wholesale ones!
What is more, we will ship your product for FREE to any state and give you tracking number in 1- 3 days after the payment!
And at last: No hidden fees and charges! Pay us with secured PayPal merchants’ service!!

Kindest Regards, shoes manager.
On-line shoes-shop "kids golf shoes size 13 "