• Please log in to reply

michael japan

michael japan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, I'm back with the same problem.

this is exactly what the prompt says:

secondary master hard disk error
Press F1 to resume. Core 2 Quad 9450/4GB RAM/XP Pro.

I hit F1 and it goes into the XP logo and spins.....and spins.....and spins.....and spins...and spins.

Before if I rebooted into safe mode and then booted again it will go into normal windows. If nobody answers before I do that, I will do that again--I need to work.

Thanks
edit---ok, this time I let it spin and spin and it eventually booted and a prompt came up that said, "found new hardware". Sad to say, the rest flew by and I couldn't see what it said. I know it had a "T" in it and of course my hard drives when going to system and checking have "T's" in them. I know this might sound dumb. I'm a musician forgive me. ^_^

One more edit--ok--yes, it did boot, but the partition is not there--and it is my main work data folder for my music projects. I will definitely now re-boot.

Edited by michael japan, 08 November 2008 - 07:46 PM.

Advertisement

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I would first run the maker's diagnostic tool on the secondary disk to check for physical errors as the disk might be starting to fail.
Go to the disk-manufacturer's website and download their free diagnostic utility (look for a link called 'Support'). It runs without any need to have Windows running by creating a bootable floppy or CD.

Edited by phillip22, 09 November 2008 - 04:24 AM.

michael japan

michael japan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Oh well--you guys are going to wonder about me. I am so happy just to get to work that I keep shouting victory too fast. My son took the drive out and put in another computer and it showed it was fine. Put it back in mine and I had a 12 hour day of bliss in the studio working on a song with a 50 track count and hi-end plug-ins on many tracks and multiple plugs on busses. Took yesterday off, started the computer this morning and:

Secondary Master Hard Disk Error.
Press F1 to resume.

I will try doing the safe mode thing as I really need to work today but will happily pay for a solution if somebody wants to get into my computer and se what is going on.

Hopefully yours,

Michael

michael japan

michael japan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
just so you know what happens after that.

I hit F1.
The XP logo comes on and spins and spins. I'm not sure what happens next because it is still spinning.

Michael

So--edit------it finally booted and the second drive isn't there in explorer. I will work off of my back-up and see if someone can answer this.

Thanks

Edited by michael japan, 10 November 2008 - 06:16 PM.

shossmant

shossmant

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI, #uname!
We present the new online shop of shoes http://shop-shoes.Co.CC !

In our shop you will find striderite shoes for kids , womah shoes, curb shoes and children shoes.

We have the best vendors of shoes:
Chaco, eS, Adidas, Reebok, Acorn, Acorn Kids, cute kids shoes , Adio, Agatha Ruiz De La Prada Kids, Ahnu, AK Anne Klein, Alexander McQueen, Allen-Edmonds, Allrounder by Mephisto, Clarks, Cobian, Columbia, Cordani, Cougar Kids, D&G, Dansko, David Tate, etc.

We give you up to 40% discount. Compare our prices!!! These are wholesale ones!
What is more, we will ship your product for FREE to any state and give you tracking number in 1- 3 days after the payment!
And at last: No hidden fees and charges! Pay us with secured PayPal merchants’ service!!

Kindest Regards, shoes manager.
On-line shoes-shop "kids golf shoes size 13 "

Advertisement