Here it is if anyone is experiencing the same problems...How to Change the Spell Checker in Firefox 2 and above
Tired of those pesky red lines under the words you spelled correctly? Do you use a different language than English American? Here's how to fix it.(See end of tutorial for other languages)
- Go here to download the Canadian Dictionary for Firefox.
- A windows should pop-up with the add-on "Canadian English Dictionary 1.1.1" on it.
- Click Install Now at the bottom of the window.
Next, a new window will appear titled Add-ons
, with a yellow bar across the top of it.
- Click the Restart Now button on the yellow bar and then click Restart if a warning pops up.
Firefox will shut-down then restart with all the tabs that were open. You can close the Add-ons
Next we have to change the Spell Checker Settings. To do this we will have to misspell something... To do this we can simply click Add Reply
at the top of this page. Then just type in a random series of letters.
- Right-click on the word with the red line under it
- Go down to Languages
- Select English / Canada
You can do this with just about any Language. I just used English Canadian as an example. You can go here
and get any dictionary you want. Then just follow through the steps using the language of your choice!