Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using Audio files on Web

• Please log in to reply

Kathyf

Kathyf

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I have an audio file created from a cassette tape to CD that I need to use on a web page created with Netobjects Fusion 5.0 but it doesn't recognize the audio file... is there a way to format a cd audio file to a sound format recognized ..ie; wmv, wav, etc... ?

Thanks for any help or suggestions
Kathy Fakes
Lebanon TN

Edited by Kathyf, 10 November 2008 - 08:54 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
There are a lot of software programs available that convert audio files. What is the original audio file format so a search can be done to check?

Kathyf

Kathyf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
originally it was a cassette tape recording of a DJ's radio show, my brother-in-law copied it to CD for me so I would be able to use it on the computer. It shows as a CDAudio type file which doesn't tell me much. Have any suggestions on what to use to convert?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I need to backup here. :) The problem may be with Netobjects Fusion 5.0 if your computer recognized the file and played it for you. Possibly it's the media player code that Netobjects Fusion 5.0 is using or you may have to write the media player code yourself for the file. You should be able to explore the CD and copy the entire file name including extension and we'll have an idea from that.

Kathyf

Kathyf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Okay I'll look at the CD and see what I can come up with and get back to you

Kathyf

Kathyf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Ron, CD shows it as a .cda file.... does that help us with anything?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
CD Audio (.cda) tracks are audio files that can be stored on CD media. The .cda files are representations of CD audio tracks and do not contain the actual pulse code modulation (PCM) information. Cda files can be played only from a CD-ROM. This might be useful to you: Total Audio Converter

Free: Alt CDA to MP3 Converter 2.1

Other Sources

The file will have to be converted to a format that a media player like WMP can play. Then the media player code can be set up for your web page.