Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WRT54G with DD-WRT Installed

• Please log in to reply

Brandon M

Brandon M

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I have a Linksys WRT54G V8 router and I installed this DD-WRT third party firmware on it but now I want to go back to the stock firmware from linksys. I think i've tried mainly everything; resetting it, uploading the linksys firmware, clearing nvram, TFTP'ing to the router... I cant figure out how I can get that original stock firmware back on there version 8.

Please help!

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello Brandon M and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

I found this which should be able to help you.
I think it all explains on the page, Good Luck!

Regards,
Olrik

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Most firmware updates (and especially those not supplied by the manufacturer) cannot be removed to revert back to the previous version.
Even the manufacturers explicitly state that fact on their download pages. The link you were given does not cover removing a firmware update -- most likely because it can't be done. It covers methods of recovering from a bad or incomplete firmware updating process -- which is not the same thing.

Edited by phillip22, 12 November 2008 - 11:50 AM.