Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New video driver

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Just recently updated/got a new driver for my nVidia card which is a nVidia GeForce 6800. It is great and I can make all kinds of adjustments re appearance on display screen. However, there is one item left that no matter how hard I try or where I go to make an adjustment - nothing works. That is the font on the internet!

It is so small (about an 8-10) that it is a strain to read anything! The View item on IE6 always reads the Largest font re text size but it is not anyways nearly as large as before the updating of the driver.

Can advise as to how to accomplish a larger font while on the internet?

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
What is your display resolution set at?

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
1280 X 1024 with Highest 32 bit. Have I missed something here?

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Well, the higher the resolution the smaller your text will be. Did you change your resolution after updating the drivers? I don't know if that's the issue you're talking about, but it sounds like it could be. Try zooming in on the page. There should be a zoom option under the "View" menu.

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Yep that seem to go it - need to make other adjustments now but at long last can read most things on internet without straining. Thanks so much for the idea.

I have IE6 and there is no zoom feature under the view at top of windown.

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
You're welcome, I'm glad it worked :) Interesting...I would have figured that IE6 would have had a zoom...Guess not tho. Anyway, Glad I could help - feel free to post back with any more problems!

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Surprising how much that updated driver changed things re fonts, sizes,colors, images etc. However, it is a much more powerful tool to work with now re adjusting the display on one's PC. I just need to learn it and how to use same. There seem to be so many places to make adjustments now - gets a bit confusing after awhile. And many times when you adjust one thing, you find it changes something you just previously adjusted so that it keeps one hopping to stay on top of achieving a final result that is pleasing to the display.