Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Audio

• Please log in to reply

bluebookproject

bluebookproject

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey,

I've had this problem for a while now, months infact. It doesn't seem to be a big problem, it's just strange.

I have to be online for it to happen, but which programs I run, doesn't seem to matter, and I've checked all software settings for the sound file... nothing.

Basically every once in a random time, a guitar blasts from the speakers only to go away again and maybe not sound again for minutes or sometimes hours...

It's driving me mad now.

Tried Spybot, Ad-aware SE, Norton Anti-virus and Antivir - all return nothing.

Anybody any ideas?

Peace be with you!

http://www.bluebookproject.com

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
do you have any alerts settings that you may have set a while ago? how long does it occur and and patterns?

bluebookproject

bluebookproject

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No warning settings - turned them all off in windows.
The minimum I can run the internet with is AOL and firefox. Happens when all that is open is aol (I know - I curse it ALL the time).
There is nothing in aol that would make this sound. I run same aol on three computers in this house, this is the only one that makes this noise though.

Happens randomly - I have tried to spot a pattern, but can't - at it's worst, every five minutes or so, at its best, once every three hours.....

thanks

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.