Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

color still wrong

• Please log in to reply

December

December

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I think I know what's happening. I had two messages while keying, that said (depending on the program I was using) it's updating, and that is what is messing me up. Also my start page has messages saying I can convert to such and such without any trouble. So I guess I might be messed up awhile, because they don't fix the other programs, just the one they're working on. Thanks Everyone for your help. I did get some of it done and others on my own. I still can't get the color right, even with graphic card drivers?

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
May be your monitor rather than drivers or Windows -- how old is it and what type (CRT or LCD)?
Older CRT monitors rely on three colour-guns and if one them starts to fail you'll never get the colour right.
I'm not suggesting you go out and buy a new monitor at this stage of the game -- it may not be that -- but it would help
to troubleshoot your problem immensely (and very quickly) if you could hook up a borrowed one.
The outcome of that would tell us where we need to look next, or may tell us that your monitor is the culprit.

Edited by phillip22, 13 November 2008 - 06:40 PM.