Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where To Find The Necessary Info For CPU Replacement

• Please log in to reply

Rikterscale

Rikterscale

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hey there everybody!

Quick question. I'm still setting up my dads older windows 98 computer, I know, I know. But he wanted it.

I want to upgrade his CPU from the celeron to a Pentium 3 maybe 4 or whatever is better/faster. Where can I find this info out. On this page http://www.shopping....BA200-D9666TALS (this is the exact computer I'm working with) it says the CPU is upgradeable. But to what?

I'm sure I'll need the motherboard specifics, socket type, and so on. But then what? Where do I go? I know many people wonder why I would spend the time to do something like this with such an old machine. Well it's for my pop, and for fun.

If someone can go to that site I mentioned above and find out the CPU I can upgrade to, I would be eternally grateful! Or tell me how to get the info I need.

Thanks!!!

Advertisements

Rikterscale

Rikterscale

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Man, I've been ALL OVER the net looking for this info! All I want to know is what CPU I can upgrade to. Why is this information so hard to find?!?!

Computer has an Intel Celeron 466. I want something faster, what can I upgrade to? I typed in HP Brio BA200 motherboard specifics amongst other things. Can't find something that should be so simple. What the heck?

Someone help!

Thanks.