Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MediaAcck.exe? scmsg.exe? svchost.exe?

• Please log in to reply

Pattigard

Pattigard

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have Windows XP and today my kids told me we must have avirus. The ZoneLab keeps asking if the following exe programs can access the internet. We do not have a clue what they are of if they should be able to access the internet or not. When we try to get out of the MediaAcck.exe question... the window comes back up... we have to manually turn off the PC and restart to make it go away. Do you have any ideas?

Tks. :tazz:

Advertisements

hmonowar

hmonowar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
definitely it's a malicious spyware program.. What can u do is that, go to Windows Task Manager (alt+cntrl+esc), go to process and select MediaAcck.exe, right click and select "End Process Tree".

Then go to control panel and uninstall.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You need to get rid of it all together. I would suggest working throug the malware guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. " :tazz: