Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezing while playing games

• Please log in to reply

TomNki

TomNki

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay so I built a computer about 3 months ago and everything was working fine. Now about a week ago while I was playing games my computer would freeze up and I would get a blue screen that said something like "Intel Corporation Undi ................boot drive PXE......." I can't say what it said really because it'd pop up for about 2 seconds then the computer would restart. After the computer restarts I get some crap about rebooting or select the proper boot drive. Anyways, on Thursday I cleared my HDD and re-installed my windows XP OS. I installed WoW on Friday and about 2 minutes in the computer crashes again. Does anyone have an idea about what is wrong with it?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")

Download, and install SpeedFan: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
Post your computer temperatures:

Posted Image

TomNki

TomNki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey I have a AMD 64 X2 5400+ Black Edition and 2 stick of 1gib ddr2(1066) Mushkin brand. Posted ImagePosted Image
I have a 160g HDD and 132g availabe

EDIT: Now I am also getting blue screens that say something about critical errors and physical memory dumps! Anyone know what this means?

Edited by TomNki, 16 November 2008 - 11:37 AM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

Black Edition

If you're talking about illegal XP copy, I can't help you here.

TomNki

TomNki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Black Edition

If you're talking about illegal XP copy, I can't help you here.

No, I have a legal copy of XP. Black Edition is referring to my CPU.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Your processor max temp is listed at 70C, so, if your 52C is read while computer idle, it's rather on warmer side.
Keep an eye on Speedfan reading, when you start, and play your game.

Also, to prevent your computer from restarting, in order to read whole error message do this:
1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab (Vista: click Advanced system settings).

3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

TomNki

TomNki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay, I've done that and everything seems to check out fine. No more blue screens or restarts. However when I have 2 WoW clients running my temp is around 64C. Is there anyway to bring this down? I have an Arctic Cooler 64 Pro or something and put some Arctic Ceramique on it when I installed it.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Your processor is running too hot.
Clean your computer inside with compressed air, see, if all fans are running, to start with.