Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System reboots before I can fix malware

• Please log in to reply

carrotsama

carrotsama

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright, so It seems I've got some big nasty going on here... Everytime my PC boots it immediately begins a timer to shut down because "DCOM Server Process Launcher terminated unexpectedly" and then dies after 60 seconds.

It is slowing down my PC so much I can't even open anything (not even Start menu) before it crashes. I've tried booting in every mode available at the F8 screen. If it's one of them that loads your desktop background I still get the timer. If it's one of the Safe Mode's it will usually crash before I can even click my username. BSOD shows that's due to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Also, when booting in safe mode it takes a long while to load SPTD.sys and sometimes freezes at that point, dunno if that's important.

I've tried the Recovery Console, but the problem came back in minutes. I repaired my XP install from the CD but that did no good.

Basically, I can't even get in to my system long enough to do anything

Advertisements