Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which software and what config?

• Please log in to reply

Krelborn

Krelborn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Im pretty new to this game so please be nice if i make some kind of obvious mistake!

My current structure:

Main PC: Running Win Home SP3 + IntelliRemote (i wont post links because im not sure im allowed! if this isnt the case somebody please advise and i will post). The PC itself also has a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro - hence the remote software.

Storage: 5 x Linkstation Pro 1Tb on the network each with seperate ip

Im looking for a piece of software/collection of software which i can control with the remote from the SB. Software must be able to be full screen (Win MCE style) so it can be controlled with remote without having to be near pc. Software also needs to be able to access each of the NAS drives and load contents. i.e. HDD1: Music HDD2: Movies HDD3: TV Shows etc etc It is not necessary to keep the intelliremote software, i only use this because the one supplied by creative is pathetic. Feel free to advise of anything better.

I hope this makes sense to you guys. I really dont know where to begin.

On a side note - im also running a Sagem Dbox 2 on the network. If anyone is familiar with these could somebody please give me step by step instructions as to how to stream a) MP3s b) Videos from the NAS drives to the dbox.

Advertisements

Krelborn

Krelborn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Im now running MediaPortal on the main PC and it works but only very slowly with the NAS drives. Does anyone know of software similar to MediaPortal that is more NAS friendly?