Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes help

• Please log in to reply

broccoli_lesnar

broccoli_lesnar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
SO i recently got my hands on a 2007 Dell Latitude D620.

It used to belong to a broker in the company i work for, he's getting a new one and gave this to me as a sort of thank you.
I've had one of the company laptops before, theres a lot of security programmes i had to uninstall. reinstall a lot of things too.

one problem with this one, I cannot launch itunes. When I downloaded it from apple.com, it launched itself.

but when i try and launch it, i get the follwing error;
Posted Image
Posted Image

without going back to my company and contacting one of the IT guys, which would be a pain... is there any way of bypassing this.

I have tried setting itunes as my default media player and even when i launch an mp3 file by double clicking it on my dt, i get this error.

the only way itunes ran was when it auto launched after install.

thanks for your helo in advance.

Chris

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
The PC was either setup with restrictions as to what programs could be run on it, or it's a malware infection.

If the former, refer to your company's IT department. It would be wrong of us to suggest ways by which you could circumvent these restrictions.

If they tell you no restrictions have been set by them, it's probably malware. Please post on the malware forum:
http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Edited by phillip22, 16 November 2008 - 08:24 AM.

broccoli_lesnar

broccoli_lesnar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It is most likely the former,

would you even be able to point me in the right direction of how to get around this?
I cannot really talk to the IT department, the laptop is now for my own use, but i doubt they will facilitate my questions about how to bypass their restrictions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
If this laptop could be legitimately given to you by this broker and is no longer considered company property, then you need to talk to the IT department about removing restrictions that they typically place on corporate laptops. However, if this is still considered a corporate laptop, then you shouldn't be bypassing the restrictions and you'll get no help from us in doing so. It seems unlikely that this broker should just be able to pass on company property like that though - most IT departments I know have inventory and systems in place to track assets like this.