Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

$1500 budget for a new computer

• Please log in to reply

robertsaundersiv

robertsaundersiv

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have $1500 for the tower to build myself a new computer, i will want to play games, use 3d modeling programs (ie maya), and photoshop. this budget is just for the tower +windows, i would like some advice on what to get including version of windows and hardware specs. thanks in advance

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Hi robertsaundersiv, welcome to Geeks To Go!

I would like to ask first what kind of games are you thinking of playing? This will determine how high-end the video card you need. Are you also going to overclock, maybe thinking of overclocking?
For windows, I suggest you go with Vista Home Premium however you have to check if those programs you're using will work in Vista (like maya).

Kamille