Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore Wont Open

• Please log in to reply

Vicious26

Vicious26

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I need to restore my computer because windows media player is acting up and wont open i reinstalled no prevail so its just a white screen when i click system restore any ideas?

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
If you mean that there are no dates showing on the System Restore calendar, try Doug Knox's utility: http://www.dougknox....store_blank.htm

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I need to restore my computer because windows media player is acting up and wont open i reinstalled no prevail so its just a white screen when i click system restore any ideas?

Hello Vicious26,

If the the above post doesn't work then try the following article to fix the restore functionality.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831430

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Start with the basics. Do an error check on the drive - defragment and remove all temp files. Removed malware advice.

Vicious26

Vicious26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I Did the microsoft thing took a while but i found the values and there all straight and it still doesent work, im about to try and defrag but when i try and defrag says i have 3% and need 15 to run effectively and i defrag anyway so il be waiting on results

Vicious26

Vicious26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Prevail i fixed everything,system restore works windows media player works defragment succeeded and i didint even restore because i fixed it all THX

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Glad you were able to get the problem resolved. Thanks for posting back