Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers for Ethernet

• Please log in to reply

Simondo

Simondo

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hey geeks!

Firstly thanks for taking the time to read this post!

I had to reformat and lost all drivers etc. My Ethernet connection is active but its not picking up the signal on my computer, so therfore I installed USB.
I'm now looking to use Ethernet since its better (so I was told).

Apparently I have to install some drivers. Here is a link to the dell website with my PC details etc. Could you point me in the correct direction of which one to download and tell me what else I need to do?

Many Thanks.

Simon :)

LINK:

http://support.dell..../...tid=&impid=

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit?

The Dell support website does have the drivers for your model, but you may have to update your Java for the Java app to load when you click on Download Drivers. It will let you choose model, or enter your asset number, ask you what op system you want and display the drivers.

Good Luck

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
I know my model etc, that link should take you to the driver download section. What I wanted to know was which of the drivers I should be downloading.
Just incase you cant see that link, my model is the Dell XPS 600.

Thanks.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the NVidia driver at least (under the networking section) and probably the NVidia application as well

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Download them all eh? Ok. I also have USB Software etc installed. Am I required to do anything about that or can i just unplug the USb cable connecting my router to the PC?

THanks

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you may need to uninstall the USB connection software once the NIC card is active

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Ah ok, thats the problem. I no longer have the USB software. So once I remove it I cant reinstall. So I kinda need to make sure that this works. :)