Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Project to build a c compiler

• Please log in to reply

tomprice

tomprice

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello

For my Uni project I have to build a straight C Compiler and am having problems finidng resources on doing so. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help at all / point me in the direction of help I can get.

Thank you

Advertisements

staticVoid

staticVoid

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
The best book I've read on how to build a compiler would be "Game Scripting Mastery". It takes you through a lot of the tasks that a C compiler would have to do, such as Intermediate code, lexical/sematic analsys etc. although it only deals with a basic scripting language and misses out some features of C such as: no data types(float, int etc.) only var, assignments as expressions are illeagal( if(i = 10)). The example code in the book is a bit inefficient, such as storing the index of an element in a linked list and then using that index to access it, but apart from that I would say its a good book.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Please go to www.bloodshed.net and have a look around.
Lots of gooood stuff.