Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help update please, and wireless suggestions...

• Please log in to reply

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
i have an emachines w3107, with a phoenix bios, and a Nvidia GF 6100 video card ...i know its not the best in the world, but it does what i need it to, but i was wonderin if someone could help me find the updates for the system bios and stuff..oh, and i have a rosewill wireless adapter, and its good, but i was wonderin if you have any suggetions on how to make it faster...its connecting to a d-link N wireless router...

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If stuff works fine, you generally don't need to update it. This goes double for the BIOS as if a BIOS flash goes wrong your system is effectively written off.
The wireless device needs to be N-Grade compatible for it to connect at N-grade speeds. That being said the router needs to be in N-Grade mode too. It's kind of like saying the car will do 130mph but I get pulled over by PC Plod if I go over 70 on the motorway, how can I keep going at 130Mph.

That being said, the maximum data throughput is more for internal network speeds - it won't make your internet any faster.

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
alright...thanks...and i understand. i was just wondering if i could make it better, but your right, kinda the if it aint broke, don't fix it thing...