Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COMPUTER GOES TO BLUE SCREEN AFTER WINDOWS XP LOADING SCREEN, RESTARTS

• Please log in to reply

litos

litos

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Allright, im very frustrated. Well it all started like this. I popped in my Windows Vista installation cd and chose to boot by CD-ROM/DVD Drive. Then it took me to the screen where i have to choose how i want to start windows, you know, the safe mode and run windows normally screen. I chose to run it normally, then it took me to the Windows XP loading screen. After that, the computer started to read the disk, and all of a sudden a BLUE SCREEN popped out for a quick 0.5 second, and the laptop restarted. So then i took out the Vista cd and again i had to choose between the run windows normally and the safe mode, so i choose to run windows normally again, but the same thing happened and it took me to the blue screen and restarted. So then i try the safe mode, and this time it showed me all those lines on the bottom, with the last one being: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition2\WINDOWS\system32\drivers.TDI.SYS and after that, it went to the blue screen again, lasting about 0.5 seconds, AGAIN... I also tried popping in the Windows XP cd and the same thing happened. I have the CD-ROM/DVD Drive boot up first... Soooo, help please?? heh thanks :)

Edited by litos, 18 November 2008 - 08:32 PM.

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Hi litos, and welcome to Geeks to Go! Let's see what we can do for you.

First, let's find out exactly what that blue screen is. Please turn on your computer and start tapping on the <F8> key, maybe once or twice a second. This will get you into the Advanced Boot Options Menu. Arrow down to Disable automatic restart on system failure and press Enter. The computer will continue to boot up, and should come up to a blue screen that will stay up. Please give us all of the information under TECHNICAL INFORMATION.

Also, it looks like you have Windows XP installed, but the CD that you are using is Vista. Can you please clarify that for us? What operating system are you currently running, and do you have a CD for that operating system?

litos

litos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi litos, and welcome to Geeks to Go! Let's see what we can do for you.

First, let's find out exactly what that blue screen is. Please turn on your computer and start tapping on the <F8> key, maybe once or twice a second. This will get you into the Advanced Boot Options Menu. Arrow down to Disable automatic restart on system failure and press Enter. The computer will continue to boot up, and should come up to a blue screen that will stay up. Please give us all of the information under TECHNICAL INFORMATION.

Also, it looks like you have Windows XP installed, but the CD that you are using is Vista. Can you please clarify that for us? What operating system are you currently running, and do you have a CD for that operating system?

already fixed it, it seems that my brain wasnt working that day, haha. thanks a lot though.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Mind posting your solution for anyone who happens to stumble across this thread, say via Google?

Thanks!