Mozilla, IE problems following trojan attack
Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:09 PM
Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:23 PM
It took me a little longer to get around to it than I thought, but I repaired XP. During the repair there were 2 RUNDLL errors saying that there were missing entries in msnsspc.dll and msasspc.dll. After startup, the first time there was an error in c:\windows\system32\iernounce.dll and and Invalid Parameter error "No response file listed". I've restarted a few times, installed SP3 and the errors have gone away. However...
Still load both IE and FF with their respective weird homepages. And, in a new wrinkle, clicking on the home button in IE or entering an address in the location bar will open a new FF tab with that info. If I type www.phdcomics.com in the IE location bar, I will get a FF tab open to that site.
Still cannot edit the registry or open the clock.
Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:35 PM
Personally, I see no other options.
Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:19 PM
Well, I had to man up and do a clean install of XP. I ditched NIS and Spysweeper in favor of McAfee Total Protection. Whatever problems I had have obviously been solved by the Etch-A-Sketch Restart Method. Everything is humming along just fine now.
Thanks for all of the help. I wish we could've gotten to the root of the problem just so others in my situation might have been helped, but regardless, it's fixed now.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users