Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

itunes/ipod problems

• Please log in to reply

Mr Happy Squid

Mr Happy Squid

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi all,

I'm having some problems syncing purchased songs to my gf's ipod.

Basically we have one PC with two seperate user accounts, both of which have seperate itunes libraries installed. This was all working fine until my hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I've set mine up fine, plays everything and sync's fine. However, my girlfriends ipod refuses to sync purchased tracks saying the computer is not authorized to play them, but it is!

I look and attempted to get some help through apples website, but cant find anything suitable nor get any help.

I'm not sure if it'll be a problem, but worth mentioning, my hard drive is classed as F:\ not C:\ as this hindered installation of macromedia flash player.

Thanks for any help given, its driving me nuts!!

Ash.

Advertisements

Hex_Bug

Hex_Bug

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Have you tried to deauthorize your computer and then reauthorize your computer to play these songs? The options are in the "Store" menu in iTunes.

Mr Happy Squid

Mr Happy Squid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yup, have authorized/deautorized several times. I can play the songs in itunes no problem, just not letting me add the songs to the ipod.