Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook

• Please log in to reply

IshmaelVignsten

IshmaelVignsten

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hey guys at the moment at work we have email through microsoft outlook on one of the three computers. what we want is to be able to access the emails on all 3 computers can you do that

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Might have a read through of the following:

Setting up your network
How to set up a network for Small Office / Home Office Computers

IshmaelVignsten

IshmaelVignsten

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I've had a qick browse through those links and they werent quite what i'm looking for. We have the network already set up i just want to be able to access the same emails from every computer. I tried just using the same log-on details on one of the other computers but it doesnt download the new emails onto both of the computer if that makes sense. I've heard of something called pop3 that might allow you to do it but i'm not sure how to use it. if someone knows how it would be much appriciated

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
POP3 is one method for downloading email. When you set up the first computer did you set it up with POP3? You would have needed to provide a POP3 and SMTP address. There is a setting you could try. Go to Tools> Accounts> Change Existing accounts. Select the email account, and on the next window choose Advanced settings. On the next window, choose the Server tab. You'll see the option to save emails on the server. Check that box, and the choose the number of days to keep the emails on the server (keep this number low - 3 days or so - because I don't know if your ISP has stringent space limits). Repeat the settings on the other 2 computers and see if that works.

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I would install Burrotech's Office Mail on one of the computers, then set all of the computers, even the one it is installed on, to get email from the server. It is free and works very well.