Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant get sound drivers for vista!

• Please log in to reply

YBJLz4

YBJLz4

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Well i just upgraded my 2nd computer to Vista Ulitmate 32bit but i cant get the sound drivers to work becuase they only install on xp or below, im just using a on board sound card....

the mother board im using is a gigabyte GA-8I915P Dual Graphic
heres the link from there website

http://www.gigabyte.....ProductID=1879

as you can see there drivers arnt upto date and im in need of help, can some one please point me in the right direction!

thanks for reading

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You can quite often get XP drivers to work in Vista if you install them through the Device Manager, not through the setup program that comes in the download.
Have you looked at Windows Update in Vista? It'll quite often offer driver downloads for your hardware which often includes the hardware that has no drivers installed.