Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mac motherboards...

• Please log in to reply

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
im gonna try to build a computer for a class im in, and i wanted to build a mac...the only problem is, i cant find where to buy mac supported mobos...i looked on new egg, but i didnt see any...got any suggestions?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Everything is unique in a MAC, even the boards. Apple design, make and produce everything you find in the Mac with the exception of the processors. So you won't get a MAC board.
You can get skins for Windows XP/Vista that make it look like a MAC on-screen but that's about as close as you'll get as it'll still be Windows.

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
alrite...well thanks for saving me from wasting more time...just out of curiosity, which do you think is better, AMD, or Intel?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
They are as good as each other.

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
ok...i was just wonderin, thanks :)