Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COSMOS S CASE FAN (SIDE PANAL)

• Please log in to reply

KillerShark1978

KillerShark1978

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I recently built myself a new system within the Coolmaster Cosmos S case, is great btw, the hottest point of the system is the Hard Drive runs up to around 52, most of the points in the system rarely run above 40 and when they do its only just, using a Quad core processor (Q6600), each core is monitored individually the hottest I have ever seen a single core at is 42, it averages around 35 – 38,. And sometimes when its just not doing much its as low as 32 on some cores. And that’s without the side case fan working, am using the Thermalright Ultra 90i Heat Sink with a Noctua 90mm fan attached.

Anyway back to my point, I have im my stupidly managed to break one of the blades off the side case fan, did it while building the system (don’t ask) so have never had the system running with that fan on, I have been looking for a replacement fan however am not certain if the fan is 200mm or 220mm, from the specs I have read I am getting conflicting feedback, I was hoping someone here may know which is correct, and could hopefully point me in the direction of a good replacement, one that does not have LED’s on it and hopefully very quite, thanks

Also I live in the UK and would prefer to by online from a place within the UK to save on shipping costs.

Edited by KillerShark1978, 22 November 2008 - 04:56 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The Coolmaster Cosmos S case uses a 200mm fan on the side case fan.
200mm fans are available, on the basis of a two second Google they go for about £25 with postage.
It may be worth checking to see if you can fit a smaller fan on there, and on the basis that the bigger the fan means the more noise it'll make, I'll be surprised if it isn't noisy to some extent.