Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zone Alarm uninstall access denied

• Please log in to reply

linda56447

linda56447

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I downloaded a Zone Alarm version 8 anti-virus reccommended update two weeks ago and mid installation it told me
no disk was in the drive and then went away on me. Now the files are corrupted and I can't access anything except the help files. It will not uninstall from ad/remove or the program files. I get access denied. I can't get on the Net either and Windows XP confirms a anti virus problem. I have contacted Zone Alarm tech twice and have heard nothing from them. It is acting net-wise like the Internet Explorer conflict of awhile back except for denying me acess to the software program intself. I'm not completely computer literate but I can follow instructions. Help would be appreciated since as far as I can see my only other operation is to wipe my computer clean and start over.

Advertisements