Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox not handling Google well...

• Please log in to reply

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
I have noticed recently, that Google seems to be loading slowly... really slowly.. Mainly the search results but the thing that is even more strange is that it happens only with Firefox...

Has anybody else been experiencing this?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I use version 2.0.0.18 and loads extremely fast for me going to http://google.com/ or Gmail. Have noticed that Gmail has a new face, but that didn't change loading time.

Maybe try FF in its Safe Mode to see if any add-ons may be slowing you down or turn all add-ons off in normal mode and check again. Some functions of certain add-ons may slow loading of pages depending on their function in your browser.

UPDATE: I did get a server error on logging into another of my Gmail accounts. Then it loaded ok a few minutes later. Maybe they are doing maintenance or fine tuning their new layout.

Edited by Major Payne, 23 November 2008 - 03:20 PM.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Thanks... I tried:

Safe Mode (in FF)

No Joy

Temp Cleaning
No Joy

Downgrade to Version 2
Successful!! :)

I wonder what's up with Firefox 3 though....

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Although Mozilla is pushing the upgrade to FF 3, there are still too many bugs for me to upgrade to it. I will stick with v 2 even though support is going to be stopped soon. I think they made a big mistake releasing v 3 so soon.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Whatever it was it got fixed..