Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This good

• Please log in to reply

jewdevil

jewdevil

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello
i have recently decied to buy me a new computer made just for gaming and i was just wandering if these specs are good enough, plez tell me if there is anything i need to upgrade to have a good computer.

Gamer Xtreme 8000 Dream
*BASE_PRICE: [+735]
CAS: X-BLADE Mid-Tower 450W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display + FAN CONTROL (BLUE COLOR [+0])
CD: NONE
CDRW: LG 8X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE (BEIGE COLOR)
CASUPGRADE: 12" COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT [+10] (GREEN COLOR [+0])
CPU: AMD™ Athlon™ XP-3000+ Processor (512K L2 CACHE) ~ CBE902 [+24]
CABLE: None
FLASHMEDIA: None
FAN: AMD CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE (BEIGE COLOR)
HDD: Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA 150 8MB Cache -- Recommended [+10]
HDD2: NONE
IEEE_CARD: NONE
KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 104 PS/2 Keyboard [+1] (BLACK COLOR)
MOUSE: Microsoft® IntelliMouse® Optical Explorer 4.0A USB & PS/2 Compactible [+4] (BLUE COLOR [+5])
MSGAME1: NONE
MSGAME2: NONE
MSGAME3: NONE
MOTHERBOARD: ABit NF7-S nForce2 ULTRA 400FSB SATA AGP8X w/ RAID, LAN, USB2.0, & Audio [+48]
MEMORY: 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY [+70] (Corsair XMS PRO High Performance Memory w/ Heat Spreader & LED Lights [+125])
MONITOR: FujiPlus FP768 17" 12MS Response Time Gaming TFT LCD (2TONE - BLK/SIL) [+235]
MODEM: PCI 56K V.92 FAX MODEM W/ VOICE
MP3PLAYER: NONE
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2
PRINTER: None
PRINTER_CABLE: None
POWERSUPPLY: STANDARD CASE POWER SUPPLY
RAID: NONE
RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 3 BUSINESS DAYS [+69]
SCANNER: NONE
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT [-16]
SOUND: NEW!!! Creative Labs SB LIVE 24.bit 7.1 [+30]
SPEAKERS: 120 WATT STEREO SPEAKERS [-47] (SILVER COLOR [+0])
SOFT1: NONE [+0]
SOFT2: NONE
TEMP: NONE (AS SHOWN)
UPS: None
USB: Build-in USB 2.0 Ports
USB_PENDRIVE: NONE
VIDEO: NVIDIA Geforce 6200 256MB 8x AGP w/ TVO, & DVI [+32]
VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis [+19]
WIRELESSPOINT: NONE
WIRELESSCARD: NONE
ZIP: NONE
_PRICE: (+1354)

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Nice system with everything included I think its worth the price and will be a good gamer, I would look into upgrading the power supply and ask around about the video card I don't know anything about that particualar one. The warrenty is very good

If you have some time you could price each individual part and total up to see what it would cost to build, try

zipzoomfly.com
tigerdirect.com
newegg.com

Rick

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
i have everything you have except my graphics is 6600 and sweet 500wt psu + i built mine for 600$ (just the advantage of custom build). i would recomend selling the 6200 graphics fore like 120$ while its still good and get the 6600, it is way better for only 150$, the shading on the 6200 is sometimes a little iffy, but the 6600 is gonna be top of the line for a long time, so its worth it.

Nixx