Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BFG offering free upgrade

• Please log in to reply

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Now, for a limited time, if you send us your BFG AGP card in good, working condition, we’ll send you the PCI Express equivalent at no cost to you. If you want to upgrade to an even better performing card, there is a nominal fee to do so. Offer good for U.S. customers only.

More...

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I have always been a little skeptical of posting offers like this, and I can’t see the terms and conditions unless I sign up and wait 24 hours for the email.

However it does say this right there on the first page…

If you choose to take advantage of this offer, please remember that you would need to upgrade your current AGP-based system to a PCI Express-based system at your expense in order for the new card to work. That means upgrading your motherboard and possibly your CPU (processor).

So please be aware of what you have on your system, and be sure you read all of the terms and conditions when you get them :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Sounds like a sweet deal! Has anyone taken advantage of this yet?

BFG Tech are known for making some pretty good cards. :)

It would be the perfect "upgrade" for someone who's just had an old system die (but the BFG AGP card is still good).

Troy