Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

easy question about graphic card

• Please log in to reply

mrq201

mrq201

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
ummm Do i really have to worry aboutu what graphic card i plug into my motherboard. I found a graphics card.. i think its a nvidia and am curious about inserting it into my motherboard. I dont want anything to burn or fry or something like that.....
it also has a small fan attached to it and i really cant tell what type of card it is...

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
If the card is a PCI card, then your computer must have a PCI slot (almost all desktops do)
If the card is an AGP card, then your computer must have an AGP slot (a lot of older computers do)
If the card is a PCI-e card, then your computer must have a PCI-e slot (most new computers do)

You can try and plug the card in - But if it doesn't look like it's going to fit then DON'T try and force it - the card won't work.