Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RUNDLL problem at startup

• Please log in to reply

GregMiller

GregMiller

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
In the Startup items is listed the following file:

wurigepo the string is:

Rundll32.exe"C:\WINDOWS\system32\wurigepo.dll",s

it is located at:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

The system it is on is:

Dell Latitude D620
running XP Profession version 2002
SP 2
Intel® Core™2 CPU
T7200 @ 2.00GHz
997 MHz 2.00 GB of RAM

On startup the following message appears in a WINDOWS error box with the header RUNDLL:

Errot loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\wurigepo.dll

The specified module cannot be found.

I go to the run/ msconfig utility and click the startup tab and it's listed and checked (as described above)

When I deselect it, I get a message that I cannot undo it without going into administrative mode.

I don't want to do that if I don't have to; I'm not familiar with that at all [I could try that] But isn't there a way to just go into the registry and eliminate that file?

Is this a needed, critical file? Is it on the XP system disc and could I just copy it to the Windows folder on the hard drive?

What is the easy and safe way to change this? It always shows at startup.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

GregMiller

GregMiller

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I've run Spybot.

leanup
Tuneup 2009
defragged the disc.

And it a lot of trojans, malware, adware were picked up.

This remains.

What other program would you recommend? It's not like I just had this and posted it after doing nothing? Are you sure it's malware? It does say administrative rights would remove it.

Other than adaware, what should I use?

I could do a hijack log and post it.

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Please follow Rorschach112's instructions.