Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A shot in the dark

• Please log in to reply

slowpez81

slowpez81

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Would anyone here happen to know where I could find drivers for the SM Bus Controller and IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. Im aware that more information is needed than what I have, but I don't know what. So if anbody knows where these sorts of drivers can be located just let me know what information you need. I've searched for three days now and I cannot find these drivers. Help if you can...thanks in advance.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
These drivers would be found at the web site of your motherboard manufacture.
What type of motherboard is it?
And what model number?

slowpez81

slowpez81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I figured it out and I'm good now. Thanks anyway.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi slowpez81 and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Would you mind telling us where you got them from? I'm sure someone out there is going to find this topic through a search engine one day, and would appreciate the additional information.

Thanks! :)

slowpez81

slowpez81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Oh, sorry. I was actually looking in the wrong places. I initially searched the Intel website for the drivers, but I couldn't locate them because I had a wrong letter. My board is an Intel D101GGC. I began searching elsewhere (with the wrong information) and couldn't find it. I opened up the case and got the correct info and was able to get the downloads from the Intel site. I felt like an [bleep] after searching for a couple of days with the wrong info and then in 10 minutes had what I needed.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I've been known for making similar mistakes haha

Thanks for letting us know, I'm sure someone will find it useful later :)