Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless not in network connections

• Please log in to reply

Gamer2bn

Gamer2bn

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I need my wireless to be on my taskbar so I can use Windows zero wireless because the software that comes with my wireless malfunctions and uses 80% of my cpu from time to time freezing games.

I also need my wireless to appear in network connections so I can bridge it to my ethernet port to allow another pc to run off my internet.

Please help me been searching for days to no avail.

Any idea no matter how wrong or right will help me so i can at least say ive tried everything before I give up.

The internet itself works fine except for the fact that my microwave causes me to completely loose connection... If anyone has a solution to that problem that would help as well :)

I know for a fact the wireless connections used to be on the taskbar and the network connection list I don't know why it isnt now. I think I diabled it at some point and it may have been screwed up from that.

I've tried restarting windows zero

I've tried reinstalling the wireless card only lets me install with the program that I don't want and not with just the drivers.

I've tried restarting after doing these things...

I've tried googling every variation of my problem I can think of

I've tried swearing an throwing things that didn't help either and now im pretty much out of idea's.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Microwaves and Wireless Network frequencies work in the same part of the spectrum. So short of either moving your microwave a long way away from the potential signal direction of the computer, or not using it at all, not really a lot you can do.

Wireless configuration appears automatically in Network Connections. Do you have a standard Network Adaptor that appears in Network Connections?
What service packs do you have installed? XP Service Pack 2 overhauled Wireless Networking in XP.