Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A little boosting input please....

• Please log in to reply

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Is there a archive in this forum that gives tips and little tricks on makin my PC a little game friendlier? For example...what windows devices i can shut down to free up some CPU, what the best virtual memory setting to use (providing you have the ram to back it up of course) I just upgraded my PC, i added 4 gigs of Kingston ram (although it only reads 3 gigs), another 150 gig HD, and upgraded my video card from a GeForce FX 5500 series to a ATI Radeon HD 2400 series and installed Rivatuner. All my games run 100% better...from low detail to high detail w/ no lagging, but to keep my system from workin harder than it has to id like to get rid of any processes that are eating memory and CPU....any input would be appreciated....thx

Edited by Clinetyme, 29 November 2008 - 03:21 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
most of the tweaks that you can perform on your system have been incorporated in the windows xp service packs. As long as your current, you should be in good shape.