Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nwiz.exe and rundll32.exe

• Please log in to reply

genia

genia

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Norton anti virus picked and quarentined the Trojan.ByteVerify
(in ..\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv407.jar-2fcbfed0-35483c9e.zip)
I deleted that .zip file and all seemed ok for a day or two. Then I started to get warnings - even when I was NOT connected to the internet:
"WARNING: Windows Firewall detected suspicious network activity on your computer. Malicious software codes try to stealyour privacy information, such as credit card numbers, electronic mail accounts, financial data or passwords
Do you eant to learn how to protect your computer?"
Spybot picked a few problems, including a registry entry, it 'fixed' them but they would return the minute I opened IE.
Situation got worse: I got many window ads (mostly advertising spyware removal tools) and eventually got an IE 'about:blank' screen.
That is when I found your site.
I tried to register, but unfortunately (and as it turned out unrelated) my email went down - my server had problems of its own - so I was unable to confirm the registration and post.
I went ahead and tried to remove the problem files using the information I found here ie in safe mode using Regitrar Lite and Hijackthis.
My system seems ok now, Spybot no longer picks a problem, ad windows have stopped and about:blank not returned.
However, I am worried because I know so little that I may not have cleaned up everything and have been checking my processes, did not know what nwiz.exe and rundll32.exe did so again searched searched for info on the net and I am totally confused if they are or not a spyware.
Could you help? Possibly suggest what I should do to ensure my system is clean.
Many thanks!!!

Advertisements