Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card busted? SOMETHING IS BUSTED *Pics*

• Please log in to reply

dodgerblue

dodgerblue

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all. Things have been running rather smoothly for my computer until my computer got a BSOD while I was in the middle of a game(TF2). SO, I just restarted it without really taking good note of what the problem was, but to what I can recall I believe it was my Nvidia display driver which was caught in an infinite loop??? So I reboot the computer to see fuzzy lines and I find out that my computer will shut to a blank screen before windows fully loads up.

Here are the pics of what happens when I turn my computer on
Posted Image

this leads into this
Posted Image
and then I press F8 to go to this
Posted Image

With a little trial and error I was able to find the different safe modes, including VGA safe mode which is what I am using on my broken computer at this moment.After I pick safe mode I get one more distorted screen
Posted Image

then everything works normally only in safe mode after that.

I have tried switching to multiple different video card drivers and nothing changes. I am guessing it is a motherboard problem or a video card problem, but I am not an expert. HALP!

Advertisements

dodgerblue

dodgerblue

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Here are a couple of specs

2.21 ghz AMD Athlon 64
Windows XP Service pack 2
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
1gb ram