Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc to tv

• Please log in to reply

usafjonny04

usafjonny04

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm trying to find a computer component to hook my plasma tv to my desktop... what do i need to be able to do this???

Edited by usafjonny04, 01 December 2008 - 04:19 PM.

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

I'm trying to find a computer component to hook my plasma tv to my desktop... what do i need to be able to do this???

Ummm, what ports does your plasma have. Some have HDMI, some DVI and some just a simple VGA port. Also need to know the model of your desktop (if it is self built the model of the video card). You may have all the parts you need already, other than a cable.

usafjonny04

usafjonny04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I know my TV has HDMI but i don't know what video card I'm going to buy yet. i actually don't know which one would be the best, that would have an HDMI output.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

I know my TV has HDMI but i don't know what video card I'm going to buy yet. i actually don't know which one would be the best, that would have an HDMI output.

Honestly, if your only goal is to output to your TV, any card with an HDMI output will do it. That being said if you plan on gaming etc, you will need to research at sites like HardOCP, Guru3D etc and see what is the best one for your price range.