Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not run any applications for about 30 minutes after boot up

• Please log in to reply

stunts7058

stunts7058

• Pip
  • 2 posts
this is very confusing after 30min my computer works fine but to begin with i can not run anything off of the main hard drive i am running Windows XP if u need any other specific info let me know

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi stunts7058 and welcome to Geeks to Go!

There are a few things we can look at. Before we start troubleshooting anything, I would like to get a look at your system. I will need you to download and run an application for me which will take an audit of your computer. This will help us provide you with the most accurate information possible.

(1) Download WinAudit by clicking here. You may want to save this to your Desktop for easy access.

(2) Double click on the WinAudit.exe file

(3) After the application loads, you will see this message, "TO AUDIT YOUR COMPUTER CLICK HERE". Please click on the "here" to run the audit.

(4) You will now see a message stating that WinAudit is examining your computer.

(5) Once the scan is complete, you will have the information right before your eyes. Look at the top of the window, and click on File, and then click on Save. You may also want to save this to your Desktop for easy access.

Note: While most staff members would instruct you to change the file type to a single text file, I would like you to leave it as HTML this time --- it's just easier on my eyes. This may not always be the case.

(6) Along with your next reply to me, please attach the three HTML files to your response. Underneath the text area you type in, you will notice the Select a File option. If you click on the Browse... button, you will be able to find the files to send me. First hold down the Shift key, and Click on the report files and then click on Open. Next, click on the green UPLOAD button to your right. Once attached, you may submit your reply.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Good luck! :)

stunts7058

stunts7058

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
umm heres two of em the one thats labeled top right is to big to up load its almost a full MB so umm it wont let me upload it what u want me to do sry it took so long ta get back on here i checked few times then fergot about it cuz i dont always use this puter anymore :) thanx fer the help

Attached Files