Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help installing windows

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

darrenaustinshaw

darrenaustinshaw

• Pip
  • 4 posts
For those of you familiar with the reformatting and installation process (more specifically with Dell computers) I ask for your advice! My computer was over ridden with viruses, and adware so I took it on myself to reformat. Although, I have done this three times before this time I don't get the help of Dell technical support (they suck but they helped me a lot, and my warranty expired). So, I have to do it all on my own. I've already deleted the previous partition and then installed the new version of windows xp. If my memory recalls at this point now I have to use the "Software Restore Disks" that came with my Dell. Is this correct? Anyway, I put the first of the disks in and boot from cd. Something called Power Quest comes up and I try to run the program but at 9% of that process an error comes up saying the image is invalid or corrupted. This is where I'm at right now. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to have to pay the 70 or so dollars to take it to geek squad. Thanks and anyone that can help me can either reply on this
Thanks to everyone!

Please do not put email addresses in your post. It is for your safety!

Also only one post per topic. You are being helped here:

http://www.geekstogo...ws-t219328.html

Edited by Excal, 02 December 2008 - 10:10 PM.
Remove Email

Advertisements