Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

An Interesting Idea...

• Please log in to reply

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Hi all!

I've been rather intrigued by the thought of creating a website where people can go, sign up, and practice HTML coding and have it reviewed and critiqued by other web developers.

I've talked with a couple friends of mine who are web developers, and they thought it was an interesting idea, but (obviously) there would need to be security features in place, especially if I were to do any more then just HTML code. What do you guys think?

I'm a long way from being ready to design such a site, but I find the thought intriguing and I wanted some more opinions/ideas.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I've only found a few sites that either allow you to load your code and save for future use as a reference or to use in forums for others to use to help you. One site I've found allows you to input your code and see the results then make/update changes to it until you have it right. Your idea does sound interesting, but you might search for coding forums that already do something similar. I'd be interested in checking it out and being a moderator. :help: I'm a stickler for proper coding. Which reminds me for the umpteenth time that I have to quit paying attention to all the forums I'm in and get my own site updated. :):):) Wonder how embarrasing it would be for a web designer to hire a web designer to do his own pages???? :wave:

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Wonder how embarrasing it would be for a web designer to hire a web designer to do his own pages???? :)

:) I'd imagine it'd be pretty embarrassing...

I'm glad you like the idea :help: If you have any thoughts/comments/suggestions, feel free to post them here, that's why I made the topic! :wave: