Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Battery Help

• Please log in to reply

Madison91

Madison91

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Like, it's being strange with the battery...I always keep it plugged in, so I didn't really notice this, but the battery won't charge...It happened before, but I just took out the battery and put it back in, and it started charging right... Like, if the battery is in the computer, and I unplug it, it stays on, and recognizes that there's a battery there, but it always says "zero percent". But when I plug it it, it switches to "AC power" and doesn't display that it's charging or anything...So I'm wondering, is it really charging the battery, and it's just not alerting me right, or is there something wrong inside?

It's a HP Pavillion zd8000 17in laptop btw.

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Like, it's being strange with the battery...I always keep it plugged in, so I didn't really notice this, but the battery won't charge...It happened before, but I just took out the battery and put it back in, and it started charging right... Like, if the battery is in the computer, and I unplug it, it stays on, and recognizes that there's a battery there, but it always says "zero percent". But when I plug it it, it switches to "AC power" and doesn't display that it's charging or anything...So I'm wondering, is it really charging the battery, and it's just not alerting me right, or is there something wrong inside?

It's a HP Pavillion zd8000 17in laptop btw.

This is a common complaint with that model. You may want to contact HP Support. I saw post after post after post of this with a simple google search.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Well, it could be just an old battery or maybe the motherboard charging circuit, or even your AC adapter. In my signature, there's a link to Mobile Meter. Download and install and it'll be able to tell you the charging current while on AC, and while on battery, how many watts your battery is outputting.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Well, it could be just an old battery or maybe the motherboard charging circuit, or even your AC adapter. In my signature, there's a link to Mobile Meter. Download and install and it'll be able to tell you the charging current while on AC, and while on battery, how many watts your battery is outputting.

THe link in your sig is broken. The new link is here: http://www.cs.rit.ed...85/mobmeter.exe

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 03 December 2008 - 05:19 PM.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

THe link in your sig is broken.

It's not broken when I click on it.

Edited by makai, 03 December 2008 - 06:12 PM.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

THe link in your sig is broken.

It's not broken when I click on it.

I get a yahoo page that says:

Yahoo!ジオシティーズ
ログイン
IDでもっと便利に[ 新規取得 ]
Yahoo! JAPAN - ヘルプ

このページは準備中です

申し訳ありませんが、このページは現在利用できなくなっています。しばらくたってからもう一度お試しください。
ご不明な点があれば、ヘルプをご覧のうえ、お問い合わせください。

ウェブ全体を検索できる、Yahoo!検索も利用してみてください。
Yahoo!検索 Yahoo!
Yahoo!ジオシティーズ

Other sites online report it as not accesible.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
That's weird but I think it's Yahoo hosting that's hosed. All previous clicks I made on my link downloaded the Mobile Meter zip package from the authors site on Yahoo. Research indicates that Yahoo may not be hosting his website continuously or is just messed up for some reason.

I have changed the link in my sig.

makai

haitianli58

haitianli58

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Not just your battery like so .Anybody who have used the laptop has the trouble , some people used to take off the battery to extend the life when the external power supply and stable , but do a lot of trouble so . so the laptop battery with a period of should be changed , last time I bought one here , price and quanlity is OK , you can look at it . askbattery.com ~~remember add http://www.

haitianli58

haitianli58

• Pip
  • 3 posts
LENOVO ThinkPad X1 Battery Features & Benefits:
1. Li-ion cells.
2.100% OEM compatible and stable performance.
3.Extended capacity Average Run Time:2-4 hours(minimum).
4.Every Pack of   LENOVO ThinkPad X1 Battery  will be tested before shipped.
5.300-500 Full charge/discharge times.
6.Fast delivery to any country through UPS, USPS. Process orders within 24 hours including weekends and holidays.
7. Built-in Over-discharge short circuit protection.
8.Unartificial defective LENOVO ThinkPad X1 battery returns is accepted for replacement, and we will afford resend shipping fee within the laptop battery warranty days.