Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor "blurry" problem?

• Please log in to reply

kengstai

kengstai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey all, im a new member on this forum.

i've been having problems with my monitor for a couple of weeks. recently, i noticed that my screen has blurry problems if i look really close at the monitor. it kind of flickers and strafes around, sort of leaving a up-and-down movement. for example, if i look really close, i can see a faded double image of my desktop icon. when i play games, i see a thick probably 1 inch whitish/see-through line that keeps going down from the top of my screen to the bottom.

i have a HP 2207h widescreen flat-panel monitor. i've only been using this for 5-6 months !! can anyone identify the problem and provide a solution?

thanks and much help appreciated. :)

EDIT:

heres a picture

Posted Image

Never mind , sorry , the picture above only works on my screen it seems , once i get a camera handy, i will take a pic and post it up

Edited by kengstai, 03 December 2008 - 11:12 PM.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
It sounds like your refreash rate is set too low.
Right click a free spot on your desktop;
  • Select properties.
  • Select settings
  • Select advanced settings (or just advanced).
  • Set your refreash rate to 75 (it is most likely set to 60).

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

It sounds like your refreash rate is set too low.
Right click a free spot on your desktop;

• Select properties.
  • Select settings
  • Select advanced settings (or just advanced).
  • Set your refreash rate to 75 (it is most likely set to 60).

On this I would also look at the video cable. If you are not using atleast DVI (HDMI is even better), then try and switch to that. VGA (aka DSUB15) cables pick up external interference as they are analogue. This can come from power wires, nearby cellphones, microwaves etc (but mainly power wires). This will cause parts or the whole image to get really wavy and blurry and cause ghosting (the double images). DVI and HDMI are immune to this as they are digital and therefore are basically entierly either it works or it doesn't. The more worrisome thing though is the1" line in games, but this video cable may cause this too.

By the way VGA cables usually have a blue connector, DVI a white, HDMI just looks completely different. IF you look on line you can find image examples of each conenctor.