Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN/Live/Passport problems

• Please log in to reply

Vitus

Vitus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm using my laptop via a wireless connection, with no firewall of any kind. Everything else works. Including AIM/ICQ, Yahoo, and all other webpages and everything related to them including downloads and all work fine.

The only problem that I'm having is that if what I'm trying to do has anything to do with Windows Live/Passport, and MSN Messenger it doesn't work. If go to home.live.com and click on the Sign In button in top right... the page won't even load. As is the same with any sign in page related to any of these services... they just won't load. And the most frustrating of all MSN Messenger (stand alone or through Trillian) will not connect.

I have checked everything I know to check. Firewall is off for ALL connections and I have no third party firewall. I wouldn't know if there are any Services related to being able to use these that need to be checked so I haven't messed with them. I have run a hundred virus scans with no results. Also clean from all badware that I can see. Everything about the laptop works perfectly... except those specific webpages and MSN Messenger.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why nothing related to MSN will work on this laptop? They all work fine on my other 3 computers. I'm surely stumped. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Nick

Advertisements