Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Build

• Please log in to reply

elldallan

elldallan

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Looking for some help. I am just a hobby p.c builder so have no real technical knowledge and have come across a problem I am not sure on how to get passed as never had this b4, hope someone can point me in right direction

I have put a system together ( not all new parts) for a friend. I turn on it shows the graphics splash, then the cpu, memory, hard drives etc , then the pci device listing and below that I get nvidia boot agent and 2 copyrights buit that is where it stops, i have boot device as cd and disc in drive and nothing.........What am I overlooking, or what could be broken, cpu is a spare i had , hard drive is new? (not sure if that workingthough and causing my problem, memory is all working as have cross tested it in my system along with graphics card and cpu (all work fine) ???? :)

thanks Rob

Advertisements

elldallan

elldallan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Can someone close this thread please as after going back to empty case have now got up and running, to embarrassed to even mention what i hadoverlooked( in my defence was trying to do after a 12 hour nightshift and after sleeping it dawned on me. Thanks

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Everyone makes mistakes. Glad you have everything worked out :)