Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEW A920 ALL IN ONE WONT SCAN-

• Please log in to reply

WATERGIRLH20

WATERGIRLH20

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: HERE WE GO , I AM A NEWBIE BUT HAVE SOME UNDERSTANDING OF THE COMPUTER, MY SYSTEM IS A REFERB DELL DIM 3000 AND PRINTER IS A A920 REFERB FROM DELL. I INSTALLED THE PRINTER FINE, WENT TO USE THE FAX ( THE BOX IS CHECKED ALSO IN INSTALL) FROM THE START MENU I CAN GO TO DELL PRINTER SOLUTIONS CLICK ON SCAN IT GIVES ME THIS "CANNOT FIND FILE DLBKSCCP.HP " NEED TO REINSTALL IF NOT FOUND, I DID THAT WITH THE PRINTER ALL IN ONE DISK , SO I DID IT ANYWAY HOPING FOR AN ANSWER, NO HELP. I HAVE GONE TO START UP MENU TO FAX TOOLS AND TO SEND A FAX AFTER CONFIGURING IT GIVES ME THE" CANNOT ACCESS C:/DOUCMENTS SETTING/ALL USERS/APP DATA/BVRP SOFTWARE/FAX TOLLS/DOCUMENTS IT ALSO SEEMS TO FORGET THE STORED ADDRESS BOOK NUMBERS AND THAT I HAVE REGISTERED- MEMORY PROBLEMS. I AM ON THE ADMIN USER, THOUGHT THAT COULD BE IT, NOPE NOT IT. I HAVE AS GOTTEN A MESSAGE THAT IS IS UNABLE TO COMUNICATE WITH THE PORT, AND I DID SOME SWITCHING OF THE PORTS HAD TO FINALLY GO TO SYSTEM RESTORE I MESSED IT UP SO MUCH UGGGGGGG.NOW MY PHONE WONT RING, YIKES, ;) I ALSO HAVE A SONY DIGITAL CAMERA ON THE SYSTEM. NOW I AM GETTING FUNKY SCREENS AT START UP THAT SAID SOMTHING ABOUT WIN SERVER SOMTHING ERROR AND A FEW OTHERS CAN YOU HELP ME? THANKS WATERGIRLH20

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're best bet may be to disconnect the device & either try loading 'last known good config' (press F8 key the second windows starts to load, then select that option from the menu) or use the system restore if you have a suitable restore point available.

Is this a USB device by any chance?

WATERGIRLH20

WATERGIRLH20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
THANKS SAMM - WELL THE SCANNER HAS NEVER WORKED SO WOULD THAT STILL HELP TO GO TO SYSTEM RESTORE? THE ONLY THING THAT HAS WORKED IS THE PRINTER. I WAS NOT SURE WHAT YOU WERE ASKING ME ABOUT THE USB THOUGH, IS MY PRINTING DEVICE A USB? ITS IN A PORT DOES THAT HELP YOU AT ALL? THANKS SAMM SORRY TO BE SO DUMB :tazz: !!!! WATERGIRLH20

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
I meant restore the system back to at point before the printer was installed. (This was assuming that you had only just acquired the printer of course).
The restore suggestion wasn't intended to fix your problem, simply to get the system back to a fully functional 'pre-printer' state so you could then install the printer & driver fresh.

Anyway, just re-read your original post, you said you've already done a restore. - sorry, I missed that bit when I first read it. Was the system restored to a point before or after the printer was installed?

WATERGIRLH20

WATERGIRLH20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
HI SAMM I DID THE SYSTEM RESTORE TO THE POINT WHERE THE PRINTER WAS ALREADY INSTALLED. THE COMPUTER AND PRINTER WHERE INSTALLED THE SAME DAY :tazz: THANKS WATERGIRLH20

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
In that case, assuming the system is working apart from the printer/scanner problems, I would unstall the software, switch off system, disconnect a920, reboot into safe mode (using F8 key as described before & select safe-mode).

In safe mode, open device manager & delete any entries for the a920 printer/scanner/fax components that may be listed. Reboot the system & reinstall the device according to the instruction manual.

WATERGIRLH20

WATERGIRLH20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
HEY SAMM - THANKS FOR THE INFO, I REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU. I WILL GIVE IT A GO! :tazz: THANKS WATERGIRLH20