Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 11 Issue

• Please log in to reply

NWABCS

NWABCS

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
So I am trying to watch a video. It is about 8 minutes long. WMP will only play the first 24 seconds then stop. If I move the seek bar it will play where it should.

That does not really explain it well.

Anyone know what I mean that can better explain my issue and/or fix it? I hope i hope i hope. :)

Advertisements

Grandad Phillip

Grandad Phillip

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
It may be caused by the "Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in" (Neroburnplugin.dll) in WMP, which is used if you create a CD from a playlist within WMP. It's installed into WMP automatically when you install the Nero application, but the plug-in is incompatible with WMP11. My solution was to remove the plug-in since I don't use WMP for creating CDs.

To remove it (assuming it's present), open WMP, from the top menu bar select "Tools-->Plugins-->Options". Click the appropriate plug-in category, highlight the nero plugin and click "Remove".

NWABCS

NWABCS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

It may be caused by the "Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in" (Neroburnplugin.dll) in WMP, which is used if you create a CD from a playlist within WMP. It's installed into WMP automatically when you install the Nero application, but the plug-in is incompatible with WMP11. My solution was to remove the plug-in since I don't use WMP for creating CDs.

To remove it (assuming it's present), open WMP, from the top menu bar select "Tools-->Plugins-->Options". Click the appropriate plug-in category, highlight the nero plugin and click "Remove".

I checked, it wasn't there :)
Thanks though.

NEXT lol