Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojens? and other virus's

• Please log in to reply

jme

jme

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi

My lovley husband was using our pc the other day and told me a warning message appared so he clicked on it and when he did the computer froze so he unplugged it.

When I went to turn the computer on it booted up as normal however the keyboard and mouse were not working at all, I did manage to get them both working. I have done a scan with my virus protection and it has picked up a few trojen.

But as the computer is doing funky things I feel there is more. My biggest problem is I uninstalled my Optus wireless modem and now the computer wont pick it up at all (the modem is fine as I have checked on another pc) so I'm not sure what to do.

I do have access to a laptop with net access.

Firstly do you think this could be a virus or did something happen internally.

Secondly what would be the best way to tackle this??? should I try to download the removal programs listed and save and transfer them to my pc.

Is it possible to get a hijack this from the computer to here?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help.

Cheers

Edited by jme, 06 December 2008 - 02:47 AM.

Advertisements